You Will Need:
1 tub of Vegan Sour Cream (Tofutti Sour Supreme), 2 tubs of Vegan Cream Cheese, 1 jar Chunky Salsa Medium (350g), 2 Red Onions, 6 Large Flour Tortillas, Liquid Smoke, 400 g Vegan "Meat" Strips (I use dried, rehydrated soy strips boiled in water with stock and spices) and Vegan Cheese (Tofutti cheddar cheese slices).
- If you are using dried soy strips, rehydrate them by boiling them in spicy stock water for the amount of time labeled on the packet.
- Cut the red onions into chunks and fry them until just soft in a frying pan.
- Add the sour cream, cream cheese, chunky salsa, fake meat and red onions into a bowl and mix well.
- Now it is time to add the liquid smoke, do this carefully drop by drop, stirring and tasting as you go.
- Heat your oven to 225 C / 440 F.
- Start layering the cake. First layering with a tortilla bread and then continue until you top the last one with mix and cheese.
- Bake your taco cake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with a fresh salad. Enjoy!