This blog post will feature some new and old recipes for you eating a vegan diet.
This is Creamy Potato Gratain, Veg Schnitzel and Salad with a tasty vinaigrette.
You will need:
Potato Gratain: 8-10 Potatoes, 2 medium sized Onions, 1-2 cloves of Garlic, 500ml Dairy Free Cooking Cream (made from soy, oat or rice), 2 Cubes of Vegetable Stock, Pepper, Salt and Mixed Herbs (for eg. basil, thyme, marjoram and rosemary)
Salad w/ Vinaigrette: Lettuce of your choice (I use Iceberg), Tomatoe and Cucumber. (You can add the veggies that you want, I like adding avocado and red onion aswell) 1 clove of Garlic, 3tbs of Balsamic Vinegar, 3tbs of Olive Oil, Salt, Black Pepper, 1-3tbs Sugar (taste to see how sweet you like it)1tbs Mustard and 8-10tbs Water (depending on how strong you want it)
- Start making your potato gratain.
- Peel and thinly slice your potatoes and onions.
- Mix the spices, vegetable stock and garlic with the cooking cream in a big bowl.
- Add your potatoes to the mix and then add into a oven proof dish.
- Cook in the oven at 200C / 390F for 45min-1h. Check the potatoes with a toothpick before taking them out to make sure they are cooked all the way trough.
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl.
- Make sure you taste your vinaigrette before mixing it with the salad. Adding more spices, sugar or water depending on your taste and liking.
- Right before serving your salad, cut your lettuce and vegetables and add them to the vinaigrette bowl. If the salad is mixed to far in advance it will make the salad wither.
This is just a small amount of work for a very tasty vegan dinner. Below you can find some more, just click on the pictures/links to get to the desired recipe.
I hope this can help you make healthy and happy choices for you, your family and your friends. We here at The Vegan Swedes are more than happy to help you make good choices, so if there is anything your thinking about or if you just want to give us feedback on the blog or the recipes. Comment or email us as email@example.com