Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hot Lemon Lime

This hot drink is a health kick that will leave you feeling fresh. First introduced to us by our friends Paul & Sarah, the hot lemon lime is now a regular hot drink in our home.



You will need:
½ Lemon, 1 Lime, Water and Sugar (or agave nectar or honey substitute)
  • Juice your lemon and lime. 
  • Add your citrus juice (and pulp if wanted) in a big cup.
  • Boil your water and add that to your big cup.
  • Add your sweetener to the hot lemon lime, taste and keep it as sour as you feel ok drinking.
(this drink can be spiced a little extra by adding fresh ginger)




3 comments:

  1. Lemon and lime rock my world! Also, I saw your comment on Go Vegan Meow's post, mentioning you would post a recipe for dumpling wrappers! I would totally love that, since I can't seem to find any egg-free ones here either!

    P.S. You've got a nice blog happenin' so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Allysia!
    Yeah It's hard to find them, I have been looking everywhere without any luck. So I found a recipe and alternated it a little. But a recipe for that will come probably withing a week or so. Lemon and lime is so tasty and fresh, let me know if you every try any of the recipes.

    Thanks for reading the blog.

    //The Vegan Swedes (Emma)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll let you know for sure! I've also made a variation of your lemon-lime drink before, only cold and as a juice. But since I'm out of tea and have lots of citrus kickin' around, I might give a hot version a whirl!

    ReplyDelete